Thursday, December 06, 2007

Love & Rockets #27

My latest Shelf Life is up at Sequart. From Gilbert's standpoint, this is an in-between issue. "Poison River," his next major epic, starts in issue #29. Still, I liked "A Folk Tale" quite a bit, and in general, I have to admit I am enjoying Gilbert's work more than Jaime's. Not that Jaime's is bad by any stretch, I just find Gilbert's writing is more ambitious and thoughtful, while Jaime's is more straight forward. Of course, I love Maggie, as I'm sure all true Love & Rockets fans do, and I am getting anxious for Hopey to return. Anyway, this column has really become a labor of love for me. I'm proud of the work I've done so far, and am eager to keep going. I guess that's a good sign. I'm hoping to have #28 up before the end of the year.

No comments: