Friday, July 18, 2008

Playoff Predictions

Now that we're halfway through the 2008 MLB season, here are my official predictions, for the record, about this year's postseason and World Series:

National League:
East - Mets
Central - Cubs
West - Dodgers
Wildcard - Cardinals

American League:
East - Red Sox
Central - White Sox
West - Angels
Wildcard - Twins

NLCS:
Cubs vs Cardinals

ALCS:
Angels vs. Red Sox

World Series:
Cubs vs. Red Sox
(what a dream matchup that would be for FOX)

Champs:
Though it pains me to say it, the curse ends this year. CUBS WIN!

(And yes, I do think this is the first year in the past 15 seasons that the Yankees miss the playoffs. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Dodgers made it with Torre and the Yanks didn't?)

1 comment:

Marc Sobel said...

Well, the Manny trade is making my Red Sox pick look pretty bad, but my Dodgers pick look pretty good. I won't change my picks, but the Yankees are looking better and better...