Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Love & Rockets #33

My analysis of issue #33 is up at Sequart.

I'm now officially through two thirds of the series (volume one, at least) and I'm still enjoying this journey quite a bit, even if it's snowballed into a mammoth, life-consuming project. Anyway, this issue kicks off "Wig Wam Bam," which is widely considered Jaime's greatest story, and it's certainly an excellent start. I can't wait to dive into the next issue. I'm also enjoying Gilbert's two epics, and am in awe that he was able to stay focused on these two equally complex narratives, with literally dozens of characters in each, at the same time.

Incidentally, about four months ago I saw the original art for this issue's back cover on E-Bay for about $500. I can't tell you how close I was to unloading two or three boxes of comics to pay for it.

No comments: