Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Love & Rockets Ephemera

As my research into the works of Los Bros Hernandez continues, I found a couple interesting things on the web worth mentioning.

First, the extremely rare, self-published version of Love and Rockets #1 recently sold on E-Bay for $91. I thought seriously about bidding, but that's a steep price for a book which I essentially own all but the covers. Still, this book has held up well in the collector's market and down the road, I could see these going for several hundred or more.

I also recently discovered this interesting alternative cartoonists panel discussion on You Tube, which includes Gilbert Hernandez, Reed Waller, S. Clay Wilson, Kate Worley, and a few others I didn't recognize. It's broken into 11 different parts, each about 10 minutes in length. I've only watched three thus far, but from what little I've seen, Gilbert's comments are the highlight.

I am also seeking any and all interviews with Jaime and/or Gilbert, from any point in their careers, though the earlier the better given where I'm at in the series. I have tracked down a fair number, but if you know of any, please let me know.

No comments: