Sunday, December 24, 2006

Love & Rockets #11


Just in time for the holidays, another new Shelf Life is up. This one looks at Love and Rockets #11.

Now that I’ve got 11 issues under my belt, I wanted to mention a couple of things.

I know some of these columns need major editing. After re-reading #10, I can’t believe how much crap there is in there. I think #11 is far better, but still. My goal is not to perfect these the first time out. I do several edits, but I’m really approaching this project more like a marathon, just trying to get through one issue at a time, staying focused on the finish line. Once I get all 50 columns done, then I will go back and edit the entire book for publication. Or, at least, that’s the plan.

I’m also trying to satisfy new and old fans alike, which is no easy task. For those who have been through this material before, my goal is to try to make it new again by capturing that excitement that existed back in the 80s with a fresh set of eyes. For newer fans, who are coming along for the journey with me, I know my columns are full of spoilers. Sorry about that. I am assuming you’re reading these along with me, whether in trade or single issue format, and I hope my commentary is a good complement to the stories themselves.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you’re enjoying it all. I always welcome any feedback, whether you want to leave a comment in the column itself, on my blog here, or just drop me an e-mail. Hearing your thoughts and reactions helps keep me motivated, just like the crowds cheering along the marathon course, so please keep them coming.

Finally, I want to shout out a big thank you to Mike Phillips, Sequart’s Editor-in-Chief, who has edited and encouraged this project from the get go.
Take care and happy holidays to all, wherever you are and whatever you celebrate.

No comments: